Saturday, September 27, 2014

Another Harriet Funny

Harriet's beloved cousin, Devaney, is here playing tonight.  I should be at Women's Conference with my mom, Lindsay Ann, Megan, Hailey, Lynnaea, Kiersten, Miriam, and Emeline but, sadly, I am at home waiting for my husband to show up.  My husband is taking care of our broken-down van that I left in Farmington late last night.  Long story.  I'll share it in a later post.

The point of this post is that listening to Harriet and Devaney play is making me as happy about motherhood as Women's Conference always does.

An example.

Harriet brought me a broken wooden skewer that she found in the bathroom.  Somebody must have used it to open a locked door or something.

Harriet: "I found this is in the bathroom."

Me: "Thank you for bringing it to me."

Harriet: "Yes, because somebody could poke their eye out."

Me: "Yes, and that would be terrible."

Harriet, more emphatically: "They could poke their eye out for real.  Then Mom would be so sad."

Then she switched to this sing-song, very dramatic voice and said, "You would say, 'My darling, my darling, my darling.'  It would be so sad."

Yep.  That whole scenario would play out pretty much exactly like she said.  :)

Love that girl!  And I love watching her play with Devaney.  They are both acting so much older than they did even six months ago.  Sniff, sniff.  Oh my darling, my darling!  Don't grow up so fast!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

This is completely hilarious. I can just imagine the tragic scene!