Saturday, January 17, 2015

Harriet Just Gets Funnier All the Time

We put Harriet to bed last night and three minutes later she was back upstairs.

Me: "Harriet, why are you out of bed?"

Harriet: "I sleep-walked."

Hmm.

This morning Harriet tried to get me to let her pour her own milk.

Me: "Harriet, you are too little to pour your own milk."

Harriet: "Mom, I can do it--I'm a primary girl!"

I've never seen a child as excited as Harriet to go to primary.  Timothy took her and Oskar to nursery before I had a chance to remind him that she had aged out of nursery.  I walked to the nursery door and said, "Harriet, you don't go to nursery anymore.  You're a primary girl."

She squealed with excitement and ran out the door toward the primary room.  I called after her about not running in the halls, so she stopped and started bouncing in place waiting for me.  Then she held my hand and pulled me into the primary room, where she danced around until I showed her where to sit.  Then she climbed on her chair and looked around just as proud and pleased as she could be.  All the adults were laughing.  She's so adorable.  It is nice that she is an old sunbeam (birthday in February) because she's the only sunbeam in the ward.  They had her join the class just older than sunbeams.

We love our primary girl!!

No comments: