Friday, July 3, 2015

Oskar Turned Two

Way back in February, Oskar turned two.  I love two-year-olds!!!!

Oskar has two pair of monster pajamas that he loves because we all act scared and run away when he wears them.  I thought a monster cake was appropriate.  Oskar loved it.  I just added the icing--Timothy did the rest.

 Big present for a little man.

 The excitement is building!!!


A very pirate-y/monster-y birthday, darling Oskar.  

Some things about Oskar.  Oskar loves the song Bingo--you know, the farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name-o.  I sing, "There was a mama had a boy and Oskar was his name-o."  Then Oskar smiles and yells, "BO!" and I have to sing the original version.  Oskar also loves the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." 

I don't know what Oskar's favorite food is because he gobbles up everything I put in front of him with equal fervor.  I know he loves banana-cocoa-peanut butter smoothies because when he wants one he drags me to the cupboard that contains the blender and makes emphatic and clear noises that sound almost like "smooth."  

His favorite person is Clover, hands-down.  

I don't remember his first word, but I do know that "Grandpa" and "horse" were some of his earliest.  Timothy said recently that watching Oskar learn to talk has been the most fun of any of our kids learning to talk.  I agree.  He concentrates so hard before saying something and he only says something when he really wants to communicate an idea.  The other day Smokey the cat (who we gave to a neighbor) was sitting on the window ledge and Oskar ran over to me, grabbed my arm, made sure he had my attention and then carefully said "cat" for the first time.  Love it.

Oskar is super sweet and makes hilarious faces and runs like a crazy toddler and basically delights me to no end.  Love that boy!

1 comment:

Pepe said...

I love the cake! So cute!