Monday, April 25, 2016

Plague

We were hit by the plague.

Miriam and Annabel are so far the only ones to escape unscathed.  Timothy didn't get it as badly as the rest of us, praise heaven.  He spent yesterday (Sunday) cleaning up vomit and other unpleasant human waste in between comforting sickos and periodically helping me to the nursing chair to feed Annabel and then helping me back to my bed. 

We were too sick to even watch a movie.  It was bad, man.

Yesterday I thought I was dying.  Today, I have something to live for as I called my dad, who works at Weber State, to see if he could pick up some more apple juice for us.  He left us four containers of apple juice, two Bear Creek chicken noodle soup mixes, and one big bag of shrimp.  He called while he was driving away (I told him to drop everything and run as fast as he could!) and said the shrimp was to give me a reason to get better.  I love my dad so much. 

Harriet threw up today, Oskar and Clover still won't eat anything although I think Oskar is doing better than Clover.  Emeline is still in the throes although she hasn't puked today.  Eli ate a few scrambled eggs this morning but nothing else.  Timothy went to work, poor man, because he said he feels better.  He woke up when I got up with Annabel at 4:00 am and said he'd stay home if I needed him.  I told him I was feeling better so he went to work because he doesn't have any sick days yet because he just started a new job. 

I can't remember ever being so sick from a stomach bug before.  I can't remember my children ever being this sick before.  Horrible.  Today, I was in the bathroom with Emeline and Emeline said, "I can't wait for the second coming." 

I said, "So we won't get sick anymore?"

Emeline said, "Yes."

Amen, Sister, amen.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the shrimp part of the story! I hope everyone feels back to normal soon!