Thursday, November 17, 2016

Random Stuff

Here's some fun family news:

1) DEBORA IS MOVING BACK TO UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a little excited about it.

2) Harriet is sick.  She doesn't have a stoic bone in her body.  It's been a long two days.

3) The kids got scared because I left them alone for three hours today to run errands.  Eli called my friend for support and the others were convinced there were robbers in the house so they armed themselves with a skewer and hid behind the couch.

4) The other day I started to take some black elastics out of Harriet's hair and Oskar said to her, "Try to be brave," and I laughed.

5) I bought a crib last night from a lady who said her family was in desperate straits and was trying to sell off pretty much everything they owned.  She said it was smoke free, so I thought, awesome, I can help my refugee neighbors and this lady.  Unfortunately, the crib and mattress smelled very strongly of smoke.  My whole store room smelled terrible when I went to look at the crib this morning.  Timothy picked it up for me and I didn't inspect it last night.  I was upset at first because I thought I'd wasted my money.  Then, I reframed and decided I'd helped one person in need, even if it wasn't my neighbor.  Then I started calling people with cribs for sale on ksl and telling them about my neighbor and asking if they would negotiate their price.  One lady, named Lindsey, said she would be happy to so she sold me a really nice crib for cheap.  She lives out by where Lindsay used to rent a basement by Ogden Regional.  Anyway, the good news is Lindsey (the lady who sold the crib) had triplets eight months ago (Alta, Isla, and Oakley--I think Alta and Isla are too similar for my tastes, but to each their own--another small note, Oakley has been in the top ten girl names in Utah for a few years now).  Apparently when you have triplets, lots of people want to give you clothes so she gave me three boxes and a garbage bag full of baby girl clothes that I can give to my refugee neighbor.  Now I've helped two people and Lindsey was able to be of service as well.  I feel much better about the situation tonight than I did this morning.

1 comment:

Pepe said...

I'm flattered I'm #1 on your list. :)