Sunday, April 2, 2017

October 11--some school work.

The kids did projects on animals in the areas settled by European colonists, or brought over by the colonists.


I think we all learned the most from Cowen's study of the Carolina Marsh Tacky.  It is a horse that was brought over, but then left behind when settlers left and went wild.  It adapted to the marshy areas of the Carolinas.  Later colonists (much later) tamed the wild Tacky horses and used them for everything--including as mounts during the Revolutionary War.  Super interesting!


Miriam's wild turkey info.


Oskar was not interested in any animals in the colonies so he did a presentation on warthogs instead.


Emeline with her badger poster.


Clover, looking darling!


Eli with his presentation on bighorn sheep.


The owl Harriet drew for her presentation.  I love it!!!

Great job, Young Scholars!!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

So great! I like them all! Such cute, smart kids! And Clover is epically cute in that picture.

Marilyn said...

I love these. Makes me want to have my kids do poster projects!