Sunday, September 10, 2017

September 9, 2017

WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG POST TO MAKE A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.  World, I have officially caught up this blog.  Miracles do happen and goals can be achieved if you delete enough pictures and forego writing much text.  In the future, we hope to achieve more goals and write more text.

 I thought some kitchen updates were overdue.  In the above picture, you can see where Timothy took out the old light and replaced it with mud.  You can also see some of the recessed lighting he put in.  The lighting took a lot longer than planned because he wired it wrong the first time.  If at first you don't succeed, wire, wire again.  The lights are so bright and I love them.  Especially the one right about the sink.  Lovely.
 You might also notice that Timothy moved the one remaining wall cupboard up to the ceiling (which is really high and makes me feel short for the first time in my life).  That requires rewiring the outlets that you can see in this picture, which hasn't happened yet.  He's still working on lights. You might also notice that all the other wall cupboards are down and the walls have been drywalled and sanded and are ready to prime.  Timothy took off the backsplash, but isn't bothering making it nice because we are just going to cover it up with more backsplash.
 I actually pulled out my camera because I thought Harriet looked so cute helping her dad.  Way to get your hands dirty, Lady Harriet!  They were measuring for more recessed lighting.  Above the piano, Timothy is putting two spotlight lights, so we can move them to face the piano.  Now kids will be able to practice after dark (which is 5:00 pm in the middle of winter).  Yay!!!

Cowen gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting today.  It was about preparing for a mission.  He did great.  He talked about learning how to work hard and quoted my mom, "Hard work never hurt anyone, except the ones it scared to death."  Ha.  Good job, Cowen.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Wow!! I'm so impressed. Come teach us how to move lights and wire! I want lights over me stove so bad. And to more our off centered dining room light. Harriet is adorable.

Marilyn said...

YOU ARE AMAZING.

I will never be caught up on anything again. I am at peace with this.