Friday, February 16, 2018

Clover

I have been potty training Clover with great success.  She had a rough first day and then she seemed to get the whole concept and she hasn't had an accident since (except twice after her nap).  The first day we potty-trained she insisted on wearing underpants to bed.  I let her, because I know there are children who can stay dry at night at age 3, in some mythical land somewhere.  She wet herself and was super upset about it when she woke up cold and wet at 11:00.  Timothy was disinclined to try again and Clover didn't insist so I put her in diapers at night again.  Then, last night, Clover wanted to wear underpants to bed again and so I let her, in the vain hope that a miracle could happen.

And it did.  SHE WAS DRY!  How is this even possible????  Now what?  I took her to the potty right before I went to bed at 10:00.  Do I keep doing that?  Do I just put her to bed?  How do you train a child to stay dry at night at age 3.  This is totally beyond my experience. 

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

YAY for Clover!! That is truly awesome. With my girls, i just had them go to the bathroom before bed and that was all they needed. Occasionally I’d hear them getting up in the night to go. With some of my boys, I’d have them go before bed, and then wake them up to go again before I went to bed later, around 11, and that usually worked pretty well.