Sunday, August 5, 2018

Emeline

I happened upon Emeline while she was sitting, staring into space.  I said, "What are you doing, Emeline Bea?"

She said, "My book ended unsatisfactorily so I am sitting here imagining a satisfactory ending."

Me, "You're my kind of girl, Emeline."

Also, Emeline will turn 12 while we are on our crazy trip.  It was very noticeable as she goes from a youth ticket to adult ticket to almost every venue.  Rude.  For her birthday, we're going on a lobster boat tour where they take you into the ocean and pull up lobster nets (boxes?) and show you what is in them and then let you hold whatever is in them, which can include things like sea cucumbers.  Weird.  Then you go watch seals play on an island.  I figure I have enough of a jolly-people-along ability to get the whole tour to sing her the birthday song.  She'll like it.  Happy birthday, Bea!

No comments: