Thursday, February 7, 2008

How I Met My Man--what Timothy remembers

So, embarrassingly enough, I cannot remember much of what took place after Tim and I started dating the first time. I know, it has been nine years so I should go easy on myself, but when I asked Timothy what he remembered he remembered our second date, our third date, that I made him fudge (which he didn't like!!!??!!! He loves it now, but really, what was wrong with him??), that he painted me a picture of a horse (okay, I remembered that one too).

And what do I remember? Being completely and totally exhausted all the time because it was my hardest semester at BYU and I lived on campus except during the few brief hours each weekend that I spent with Tim. I'm pretty sure I went to church . . . but I don't remember that either. I remember my grades though--4.0. Ahem--I am pretty sure that was one of only two 4.0 semesters.

I remember our first date (don't worry, I will tell you all about it), I remember two dates in between, I remember what decided me that we needed to break up (I'll tell you a highly edited account of that), and I remember a little bit of the fall-out from the break-up. Am I a complete loser at romance since I can't remember a blasted thing. Apparently. But . . . Timothy still loves me. And now he begs for fudge. Just goes to show.

Enough foreshadowing already.

3 comments:

The Haws Family said...

Your last post is sick...and sick. I am never potty-training. When they reach sixteen they can choose what they want to do. Enough said. I think its funny you don't remember much. But. Like your 4.0 semesters---i must go study. Thanks for the diversion. I am so excited for the full story! And for MY story!!!!!

Andrea said...

Lindsay, after I finish writing my story I will WRITE your story. Then you won't have to wonder about it. Trust me, I am good with love stories.

The Haws Family said...

Thats not really what I meant. I meant the story you wrote for me for christmas that is yet unfinished. But you can write my future story too. By the by I just heard from him today for the VERY FIRST TIME! I think I'm gonna smile for a WEEK!