Saturday, March 1, 2008


It was Cowen's birthday today! As you must have guessed, I made a birthday cake. YEAH!! It was lots of fun, although not as fun as cut-up cakes that require imagination. On the whole--I think Cowen's Superman cake was a success. Cowen loved it and it tasted FABULOUS! Thank you Amy, for the pan. And all my cake decorating supplies, come to think of it. You da bomb.












In the morning, I met Lindsay Ann (sister-in-law) and her girls, Hailey and Cassidy, at the Hill Air Force Base Air Museum. It has a huge collection of planes from all time periods, including a replica of the Wright Brothers plane, a wonderful collection of WWII items, and the fastest plane in the world. When I asked how fast it went the volunteer said, "That's classified, ma'am." Made me feel all militaryish and spy-like.

Inside the museum is a children's hands-on play place with cockpits and coloring, simulation games, and dress-up clothes. The kids had a blast.

That's Cowen, Hailey, Miriam, and Emeline.





Miriam is watching a movie that plays in the window that makes it feel like you are flying. I didn't like it. Miriam and Cowen loved it.












My astronauts, climbing into their rocket ship.
















Cowen the astronaut with Hailey the ground crew. Hailey is Cowen's favorite play buddy, so it was extra fun to have her there for his birthday.

No comments: