Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good Times

Last night Timothy hauled out the sewing machine and created . . . an Oh-My-Sweet-Wesley hat. Well, not my sweet Wesley. Buttercup's sweet Wesley. You see, our ward is having a talent show and my husband heard "talent show" and thought "I'll make a movie." Not the path my brain took, but that's what makes being married to Timothy so exciting.

The past two Saturdays has been spent filming Billy Herman Saves the Day. Cowen plays Billy Herman, Miriam is Trisha Herman, and Timothy is Mr. Herman.

Timothy is also Rondo the Gallant. Rondo the Gallant wears a black hat much like Oh-My-Sweet-Wesley. Rondo is Billy Herman's favorite TV character. He watches him every day and wants to be just like him.

We'll post the movie on Youtube when its finished so you can all watch. For now--I'm just going to continue to be amazed that Timothy sewed a hat. That takes guts. I wouldn't have done it. I would have made Timothy do it for me.

This morning Miriam asked me out of nowhere: "Mom, wouldn't it be weird if we were all anteaters?" Indeed, yes, that would be strange.

Cowen made me laugh the most today, though. I was nursing Eli and had my free arm around Emeline who was perched on the arm of the chair and Cowen wanted me to tie on his hat (the Rondo the Gallant hat that was a mite too small--it was a first effort). I told him he had to wait until I had a free arm and he said in a highly outraged/annoyed voice, "Why you didn't have lots of arms?" Which roughly translates to "why don't you have lots of arms?" Good question. I've often thought that mothers needed more than two. Maybe that's why Mrs. Incredible is one of my favorite superheros of all time. Just think how her arms would come in handy as a mom!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Why aren't you an anteater with lots of arms and super-human stretchy powers?

That's what I wanna know.

Oh, and Timothy sounds awesome. Can't wait to meet him.

And my family room paint color is called "Spiny Sea Urchin" I forget the brand but I bought it at Home Depot. Love it.

Lynn said...

Okay....that does it. We need to move to your ward. Your ward obviously have members who take their ward's talent show seriously!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all as well. Someday!

And as for putting it on you-tube....YAY! Can't wait to see it.