Friday, April 3, 2009

Lovely Evening

When I did all my grocery shopping I bought certain items to try a new bread recipe for a certain person's 35th birthday (my bro-in-law/uncle). He's been asking my sister to find a bread recipe like the bread they serve at Outback Steakhouse. I've never eaten there but I found some knock-off recipes online and decided to give one a whirl and take a loaf to his birthday party this Sunday.

The ingredient list was full of things I'd never heard of: malted milk powder; vital wheat gluten; and coconut oil. I managed to find everything but when I saw the price for the coconut oil I gasped, and decided to substitute with something else. But then, curious as always about unknown food products, I started scanning the label and read this:

"Chefs know. Athletes know. The beautiful people know. Natural, plant-based saturated fats can be a very good thing."

And I laughed. And laughed. And being one of the "beautiful people" I bought the silly thing. After all--if it was good for a chuckle, it might be good for other things.

And it was. Warm oil, dim lights, a good movie, and a hot husband. It was a lovely--princess pampering sort of an evening. My skin still feels delightful today so I think this might have to become a weekly tradition.

I highly recommend coconut oil to any and all "beautiful people" out there. :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Have you ever tried Almond oil? It works great with honey and wax for a lip balm for soft lips.