Thursday, May 29, 2014

Finding the Wonderful

My friend and I were talking yesterday about how it is sometimes hard to find the wonderful in mothering young children.  The past few days it has been hard to find the wonderful.  Our air conditioning isn't working and you all know how well I tolerate heat.  It was 90 two days ago in good ole' Utah.  Thank you, May.

So tonight, when I was tired out from unpacking boxes and trying to organize the toy room/art room, I tried to find the wonderful.

I found it.

Miriam making pancakes for supper so I didn't have to stop working.  Oskar with spiky, chokecherry infused hair. Chokecherry jelly!!!!!  Cowen being willing to go mow his great-grandparents lawn.  Living a few blocks from his great-grandparents who are the kind of amazing people you want your children to get to know.  A beautiful new home--even with the few bugs we're working out and the boxes still unpacked.  Eli and Harriet racing around the library with Harriet giggling in her hilarious, whole-body fashion.  Emeline curled up next to the library books reading.  Miriam momentarily out of trouble (I just made that one up because I'm too lazy to go see where she disappeared to :)).

In short--there is a lot of wonderful at my house.  Especially when I take the time to look for it.

No comments: