Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Miriam Turned 11 !!!!!!!!!!

 Oskar playing with Miriam's library prize.  We stopped at the library that day to pick up the kids' first summer reading program prizes.
 Everything is a phone.  (Kami--he totally looks like Lando in that pic.)
 No--she hadn't been crying!  A lot of the pictures look that way.  We took her swimming for her birthday so everyone looks a little . . . post-swimming.

 She knew it was legos as soon as I handed her the box.
 She was pretty excited because that set has 5 figurines (there are never enough figurines to go around at this house) and one of the figurines is a red-headed princess.
 Sibling excitement.

 Gorgeous girl looking way too grown up!!!  She's 5'4' now.  Argh!!  Time, just slow down already.
 Her birthday favorite--angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.  I tried to let her light her own candles but she ended up burning herself and making me laugh.  I finished for her.

 Oskar, pre-haircut.  Miriam asked for clam chowder so I made that and garlic infused flatbread.  Dinner was a hit (maybe in part because of how many pancakes we've been eating lately??).  The strawberries were particularly sweet, which was lovely.  Good food.  Good times.
Blowing out the candles.

Miriam remains as delightfully imaginative as ever.  She told me today that the best way to sneak up the stairs is right, right, middle, right, left, left.  (I made up the order because I can't remember exactly what she said.)  Apparently she's been practicing going up and down the stairs without making any squeak.  A Miriam activity for sure.

Right now Miriam wants to be an actress and a private investigator.  She still loves Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and, especially, Sherlock Holmes.  She's dramatic, intelligent, hilarious, talented, and a ton of fun.

Favorites:

Color: pink and purple
Song: I Know that My Redeemer Lives
Book: mysteries
Thing to Do: read, draw, color
Food: spaghetti, curry, clam chowder
Thing About my Mom:  your food
Thing About my Dad: he's funny
Thing About my Family: they're all weirdos

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Happy happy birthday Miriam!!