Thursday, July 24, 2014

Naming the Youngest (and last) Young Baby

After the excruciating agony of trying to find a name for Oskar that Timothy liked (then having him pick my top choice anyway), I changed my strategy this time.

I told Timothy, "This is what I am naming the baby if it is a girl.  This is what I am naming the baby if it is a boy.  If you want something different from those two names then you have to think of it and you have to convince me."

Awesome.

Last night I called the baby by his "name" and Timothy said, "We're not calling him that."  So I said sweetly, "Great!  What perfect name have you come up with?"

Timothy, "Glorfindell."

Me, "Try again."

Timothy, "In honor of Kami's Sackett boys, we should have a western name.  How about Earp?"

Me, "No."

Timothy, "Winchester?  Remington?  Butch?  Gulch?  Shorty?"

The conversation lasted an hour and it was hilarious.  I feel no pressure at all.  If Timothy finds a fabulous name--awesome.  If he doesn't, I get what I want.  Win, win.  This is the way to approach baby naming!

Oh, and if you're curious, my girl name is Flannery Mildred and my boy name is Badger Marion.

We hope to find out gender in two weeks.  Fun, fun.  I'm guessing boy.

7 comments:

The Haws Family said...

Sterling and I have been talking about names due to Kami's indecision. Always a fun and difficult topic. Boys names are much harder for us than girls. Not that we disagree so much as can't find any at all.

Kami said...

Maybe if he had said an actual Sackett name he could have convinced you. Like Barnabas or Yance or Nolan, Ivo, Falcon, or Colburn. But maybe thats why he DIDN'T mention a real Sackett name.

Andrea said...

Yance Young sounds silly. I still really like Galloway but Timothy doesn't. It sure was funny, though, when he said, "Shorty." Last night he said he hoped it was a girl because he likes Flannery better than Badger. I just reminded him, "The name is all up to you!"

Kayli said...

Badger is cool. I just saw someone on facebook named their baby Foxx (why the two x's???) so it can be done.

Andrea said...

Kate, Fox (not sure why the xx) and Bear are the two most popular animal names right now, which is a change because usually it is names like Talon and Griffin.

Kayli said...

I'm a fan of the names Talon, Griffin, Fox, Bear, but the COOLEST is Badger. :)

Anonymous said...

A Badger is an obnoxiously large rodent--thus we could call young Mr. Young RUS for short when he gets big. Coyotes are wiley and foxes are smart but badgers are pretty much just nasty burrowing critters. Therefore I vote for Barnabas or Nolan, or even Shorty.

P.S. someone thinks Yance Young sounds silly, as opposed to Badger Young ???????????

Cheers!