Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunday Evening Walk or I Love Where We Live

 In the van ready to drive the two minutes to the trailhead at the top of our street.  Yes, we did drive when it only takes ten minutes to walk.  It is uphill and I'm pregnant.  Once we park at the trailhead we walk along the nice, flat, canal road.  Totally worth it to drive the two minutes.  :)
 I love where we live.  I also love watching children race along the mountainside.  I also love to watch Patsy bound around like she's more rabbit than dog.  Mostly, I love to be outside with my family.

 I'm in this picture!  The older children were taking their dad to see one of their favorite little caves.  The younger children were trying to catch grasshoppers.
 So cute!!!!!!

 Entering the cave.  (Emeline is wearing the birthday shirt grandma Beckie purchased for her.  It is so cute with a boatneck top and polka dots.  Love it!!)
 Oskar and I didn't enter the cave.  We played with sticks and rocks on the canal road.

 Hi, Cowen!
 Baby girl was there.
 Patsy was there.
 The cave.
 You can kind of see how large it is.  Not super large, but large enough to be cool.
 Emerging from the cave.
 More come out.
And more come out.
 This is when the kids told Timothy to play "explorer" with them.  That was fun for me because Timothy kept saying things in a deep, dramatic voice like, "I claim this rock because I explored this rock."  Maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny.


 I tried to get a picture of everyone.  They cooperated about as well as yo'd expect.
 Harriet did not want to cooperate at all.  She is in the picture, just trying hard not to be in the picture.
 Where are Emeline and Eli?
 Cutie patootie with a birthday and baptism coming up.

 Heading home--with much whining.  The older kids whined about having to go home so soon.  Harriet and Oskar whined because they were tired.  Cowen whined because I told him not to kick up excess dust.  Eli was sad because he accidentally wet his pants and he was embarrassed.  Good family times.

Another Where's Waldo.  Find Eli and Cowen.  Isn't my backyard beautiful!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Good times - had by all!!! Love the pic of Tim holding Oskar on his shoulders. It is a beautiful back yard.
Love you. Mom