Saturday, September 13, 2014

What's Been Going On

My doctor retired precipitously leaving me--a high-risk, trying to VBAC after two c-sections patient--without a doctor.  Three months before I deliver.  When I first found out I was so freaked out that I couldn't sleep and called Kayli and talked to her for an hour.  What are we going to do when Kayli is in the same time zone and there is no one to call at 1:00 am??  Although, truth be told, I'd rather have her in the same time zone.

There are not many doctors willing to take a patient with my history, but Megan has come through again!  Seriously, she always wins sister of the year.  She talked to some of her very favorite doctors and found one willing to take me as a patient and try to help me VBAC.  I haven't met him in person yet, so there is still the chance it might not work out between us, but I feel a lot calmer now.  If Megan likes a doctor, that is a pretty good recommendation because she sees them in action constantly.

In other news, Timothy found some free cabinets on KSL so he has been fixing up his garage.  Yay for him.  Sometimes I wish he'd focus his attention on helping me get the kids to do their Saturday's work, but since I don't know of any husbands who do that--I think that's what my dad would call a pipe dream.

I'm not complaining about my husband.  He doesn't complain that I cook one meal a week and we eat whatever we can scrounge together the rest of the time.  He doesn't complain.  I don't complain.  If I was going to complain about him, I might be tempted to mention the movie he chose for last night.  Unfortunately, the movie I chose last (a few Fridays ago) was also a complete waste of time.  Sad, sad.

Do you ever feel like saying, "Stop having a life and comment on my blog!"?  I do.

I'm having a new baby girl in three months.  Weird.  It always surprises me when I think about having seven kids.  How did this happen?  When did this happen?  Why don't my children do their Saturday's work without my following them around with a wooden spoon?  So many existential questions to be asked when avoiding helping ones children get their Saturday's work done.

Have a nice Saturday.  I hope your house is cleaner than mine.  And that you have food.  Maybe they'd work better if I fed them?  So much to ponder.

5 comments:

Kami said...

I decided I NEED to NOT have a Saturdays chore because it takes three times the energy to get the kids to do theirs, and then I'm exausted. Therefore my chore should only be to get them to do theirs.

Kayli said...

Three months until you have a baby?! That's bizarre.

You can still call me at 1:00 am when I move back to the same time zone. I might mumble a lot, but I'm there for you.

Anonymous said...

amen sista!! saturdays work should be called "weekend work" since it takes the whole weekend to get it done! or something with tears, screaming, or whining in the title. -Lindsay Ann

Anonymous said...

If you fed them you would just have to clean up again - maybe not! Maybe you should just suggest you would feed them to entice them to work???!!!!!
hahahahaaaaa. Love having it on the other foot1
Mom

Marilyn said...

That was an evil laugh there from your mom, I must say. :) Amen about the Saturday work (though it's Fridays for us). And I have officially stopped having a life specially so I can comment on your blog. Stressful doctor situation! Hope you've met the new one now and love him.