Friday, December 19, 2014

The Hole

The hole Timothy dug out by himself by hand to fix the foundation.  No wonder the man looked exhausted every night when he came in from working.  He also had to grind out the tar used on the first repair job done four years ago before we owned the house.  After the hole and grinding out the old tar he widened the crack, applied hydraulic cement (I hope that's what I mean), and then re-tarred the whole thing.  

Amelia and the kids filled the hole back in while her husband, Joshua, worked on dry wall in Miriam's room.  

Miriam's room is getting there.  The dry wall is up, but now the endless sanding needs to take place so we can repaint and put some carpet down.  Did I mention this all happened right after I had painted her room?  Sigh.

Oh well, it is done now and my hubby is handy enough that it wasn't nearly as expensive as it would have been if we'd paid for all that labor.  Good job, Timothy.



1 comment:

kami said...

Yeah! I didn't know you already had the dry wall fixed. That's great!