Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Early morning bike ride with Cowen and Miriam

Timothy is out of commission for awhile, but I still managed to get a ride on the tandem bike by recruiting Miriam.  We pushed the bike up 9th to get to the canal road (it is steep and I'm an old lady!) while Cowen rode around us mocking us.  Rude.  Then we headed north on the canal road until it ends.  Then we rode back while Miriam said, "Hut, hut, pedal," about fifty bazillion times until I told her to knock it off.  Then she sang, "I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my labyrinth, I stole your baby."  It is funny every. single. time.

The best part of the ride was Miriam yelling, "Center middle, Mom!!  Center middle!!!"

Me, "There are more rocks in the middle so it is safer on the packed dirt."

Miriam: "You're giving up the safety of center middle for packed dirt??"

Hilarious.  I can't recommend a tandem bike highly enough.

Another great moment was when Cowen realized Miriam was wearing his shirt.

Cowen: "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

Miriam: "It was an accident.  Somebody put it in my pile.  I think I look cute in gray."

Cowen: "I look cuter."

Miriam: "You don't look cute--you look dapper.  Dapper is the boy word for cute."

The other great part of the morning is when I was lying down, stretching, and Miriam was using my foot as a microphone while Cowen kept trying to pull her away.  Good times.  Very good times.

Yesterday Miriam, Eli and I jogged my normal route (at least, it used to be my normal route before the rain), and Miriam and Cowen already have big plans for tomorrow's jog.  They keep thinking I like getting up at 6:00 am with them!

No comments: