Monday, June 1, 2015

Funny Run Away Notes I Have Received

Run away note from Cowen with spelling and punctuation adjusted for the benefit of people who speak English:

"Mom, Dad, I'm leaving if you give me these things:
  • BB gun
  • a hatchet
  • a knife
  • a survival kit
  • a wolf dog
  • {the last item is illegible but Timothy and I are pretty sure it was the titles of two books}
Sincerely, Cowen Timothy Young

Love you!"

Poor Cowen--yet another boy who desperately needed to grow up in wilder times.


And my favorite run away note ever--because it has the date neatly printed at the top and assures me that she will continue to attend her piano lessons after her departure-- is from Miriam:

"Feb 22nd 2015

Dear Mom and Dad,

     As you read this I will be on my way to where I am going.  DO NOT CALL POLICE!!  I just want to do things my way for a little while.  I will be very close to home.  I will still visit, go to my piano lesson, go to school, go to church.  I will leave notes for you and I WILL GET MONEY!  DO!!  NOT!!  WORRY!!  I will take food, and clothes and other things I might need.  I will leave notes in the mailbox EVERY DAY!  If there is no note I probly haven't gotten around to it yet.  If there isn't any note for a week I am ethier coming home or in trouble.  If coming home will be there next day.  If not CALL POLICE!!!

Love,
Your Leaving Daughter, Miriam

Love you!"




2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love Miriam's note. I have never gotten a SINGLE run-away note. I feel deprived. :(

Andrea said...

Marilyn, Miriam read a book about running away and for the next week or so running away was all the rage around here. I did appreciate the notes. :)