Saturday, November 7, 2015

You think you know someone

I had the kids watch Hoosiers tonight for the first time while I finished the dishes. I'm still sick, Timothy is less sick, and Miriam is more sick--so we've been moving at a slower speed. The unsick people tidied the house and I rewarded them with a movie.

Timothy was upstairs holding Clover and chatting with me when he heard the children burst into ecstatic cheers downstairs. He said, "Are the cheering for the movie?"

"Of course," I replied. Then I ran downstairs to watch Jimmy make the game winning shot and watch my children go crazy with excitement. It was pretty awesome.

After we put the kids to bed (which was a trick because Eli and Cowen rolled their pant legs up to their eyebrows and pretended to dribble while running around like maniacs) Timothy and I were talking about sport movies and Timothy admitted that HE HAD NEVER WATCHED HOOSIERS.

You think you know someone. Entrust yourself to that person and then they drop a bomb like that. I'm still in shock.

This will be remedied. Posthaste and immediately.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hoosiers is one of my favorite movies. It's a classic. Thanks for reminding me about it so I can make sure to watch it for our next family movie night!