Thursday, November 19, 2015

Kids Are Funny

I wanted to get an idea of how large our *eventual* gallery wall is, so he measured out a rectangle on the library floor with blue painter tape.  It is extraordinary how much enjoyment children can get out  of painter tape on the floor.  They run around the rectangle at least once every time they enter the room.  There have been so many games invented to utilize the rectangle that I have lost track of them all.  I love how easily my children entertain themselves. (Currently the children are supposed to be tidying the library and they are, but they have to pause often to race around the rectangle.)

There hasn't been a lot going on around here.  A few of the kids succumbed to a mild, nine-hour flu.  Cowen is still down and out, but the rest have perked back up.  I had a lot of fun yesterday raking leaves.  The weather is so beautiful that it is fabulous to be outside for any reason.

The magic of the season is definitely here.  The kids and I have been admiring the stockings that were hung with care quite some time ago.  Christmas music has been filling the air and the December calendar is quickly filling up with Christmas party reminders.  I love this time of year so much. 



No comments: