Friday, February 12, 2016

Clover Leafy is a Traitor

I'm used to my two year olds turning against me and starting to prefer dad.  I get it.  He's more fun, and by the time I have a two year old I'm usually pregnant and less willing to play.  However, I am most emphatically NOT used to my barely one year old babies preferring dad to me.

Today Timothy and I drove into the driveway at the same time, so Timothy helped me unbuckle all the kids.  He pulled Clover out of her car-seat and handed her to me so he could grab the rest of the milk.  Clover started to cry.  Real crying.  She never cries!  Then she started to hit me and squirm and let me know in no uncertain terms that she was very, very displeased.  She remained displeased until her daddy came in the door and reclaimed her. 

Rude, Clover.  Just plain rude.

In other news, the kids and I had a splendid time at the Salt Lake City library with our good friends the Nielsons.  We met at that library years ago--when Juniper and Harriet were our babies.  Now baby Harriet is turning five tomorrow and Clover and Teddy are the babies (of course, Oskar and Marigold were our babies for awhile during that stretch).  Sometimes you get these crazy reminders that time is marching on.  Watching Junie and Harriet play today was one of those reminders.  The highlight of the library was watching Teddy and Clover try to crawl away faster than their siblings could retrieve them.  Adorable, I tell you.  Thanks for the good time, Nielson crew!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

We loved seeing you so much! Stupid 2 hour parking limits. We should have just gone out and added more time! We will have to meet again soon. And maybe meet your new baby, eeek!