Monday, February 1, 2016

Oskar and Smith and Edwards

I drove to Brigham City today to pick up 12 bags of flour from the mill.  Eli was funny because of his intense disgust when we got stopped for a very long time for a train.  Everything went smoothly at the mill (they are so nice there), and so I felt motivated to stop at Smith and Edwards for some fun with my kids and to look at snow boot prices.  We unloaded, made it to the snow boot section, were looking around, then Eli said, "Oskar is peeing." 

What?

I looked over and there was a nice yellow puddle around Oskar's feet.  He wasn't wearing a diaper. 

I can understand how this happened.  Oskar is really independent these days.  I left the house to take Miriam to school and Cowen to reading and returned an hour later when Cowen finished reading.  When I left the house, Oskar was still in his pajamas, but he wanted to get in the tub.  I'm sure he got in the tub, got out of the tub, dried himself off, and dressed himself--sans diaper. 

Nobody noticed.

Until Smith and Edwards. 

Oops.

Smith and Edwards already has Cadbury mini-eggs.  I see a few trips there in my immediate future.  They also have my same snow boots that I love and my kids try to steal.  $75 on sale.  I think I'll wait until Miriam's feet quit growing before I invest.  Cowen wanted me to invest now in the hopes he'd inherit them in short order.  Miriam wears a size 10 shoe!!!  Same as me.  I think she might just end up taller than her mom.  Rude.

No comments: