Sunday, September 4, 2016

Current News

Trying to get pictures caught up is a never ending, exhausting battle--one that I'm losing.  I don't have much time to work on it either because this summer has been one big party and so I haven't worked on school until now.  School starts on Tuesday.  Argh!!

Last Saturday, Timothy gave me four hours to work on a homeschool schedule and it took every second of that time, but I think I have a working schedule in place.  It was harder this year than normal because Miriam is starting organ, so I have to plan in time every day to haul everyone to the church so Miriam can practice.  I also have to work in several people reading out loud to me.  My big goal was creating a schedule wherein everything I consider most critical is done by noon.  I got 'er done, but I will have to be on my A game every single morning.  Math is post-lunch to help insure that we do our table work most days (table work: math, spelling, penmanship, grammar, typing for Miriam).

Timothy also picked up about sixty books from the library for me--mostly about the Revolutionary War.  The kids were ecstatic and dove into the  mass of books, completely ignoring my repeated requests that they stay out of the books until school started.  After a day of reading about the 13 colonies and the war, the kids were 100% transported to another time.  They've been playing "Revolutionary War" ever since.  Miriam asked me for a colonial dress and the kids have been slipping me coded spy messages about the redcoats.  I have the coolest kids.

Tonight we went to my in-laws for our fast Sunday get-together.  It is always nice to see Bryce, Nicole, and the great-grandparents Young and Lewis (Barney).  We missed Amelia, who was at work, and Eric, who is back at school in Idaho.  Bryce took the kids out and shot an air-soft gun with them, so everyone was pleased with the day.

Tomorrow (and I must go to bed so I can maximize tomorrow), Timothy is giving me more uninterrupted time so I can finalize what I'm doing with school the rest of the week and also putting together a fitness schedule for me and the oldest four kids.  Fun!  Onward and upwards.

No comments: