Monday, December 19, 2016

Renaissance Festival 2016, with the Latorre cousins (part one)!!! All costumes were made by Aunt Kami.

I realize there are a lot of photos in this post.  I deleted double that amount that I am posting, but these were so great and the day was so fun and kids in costumes is just so adorable that I can't bring myself to delete any more.  Kami moved to Wyoming awhile ago, so she was super excited to come with us to the festival.  She is the costume making ninja so everyone had fantastic costumes.  I had the opportunity to wear a costume also, but declined due to a costume making the already awkward public nursing a little more awkward than I was willing to deal with.  I have no pictures of me or Annabel, which is a shame, but we were there and we had a great time.

 These pictures are out of order, which is annoying, but I am unwilling to put them in order.  Just know that we are starting with the end of the day and moving to the beginning of the day.  At the beginning of the day, Miriam saw a bunch of royalty walking around and promptly joined them, knowing instinctively that she had found her people.  They appeared to welcome her completely and invited her to join the royal procession before the jousting.  I said she could join them thinking that she would rejoin us for the actual jousting.  Nope.  They had a seat for her on the royal pavilion.  I love how the sun is shining on her in the above picture.  The girl was made for greatness.  :)
 Minstrel.

 Elena was being Miriam's lady-in-waiting.  I don't know the other person, but she hung out with Miriam (or vice-versa) for quite awhile.
 Lando and Oskar doing some archery practice.  (Seeing their names together always makes me want to congratulate myself and Kami on being excellent namers.  Not to mention congratulating ourselves on our excellent offspring.)

 Cowen.
 Lando's face!!
 Pointers.
 Before the joust there was some hand-to-hand combat between the knights.  Apparently this is a real sport and the "knights" travel around the country to different competitions, much like riding the rodeo circuit, only it is the knight circuit.

 We sat on the grass, sort of watching the knights, sort of watching our kids, and eating kettle corn.  It was a lovely break from walking around.


 Sebastian and Eli at the tent for the royals.

 More lounging in King Henry's tent.
 I just LOVE Emeline in this pic.  She looks like she's in a movie, with the perfect profile, perfect hands, and the cloak.  Eli kills it with his hat and shoes, but still--I love this picture.

 Miriam with King Henry, Queen Mary, and some other royalty.  Like I said, she just sort of joined them and then stayed with them the whole day.

 Playing royal games.
 Sebastian, Eli, and Lando playing with flagons.
 Viking king, viking kid.
 This ship was on display, but you couldn't play on it.
 This was the favorite activity of the younger set--the pirate ship!  Argh!  Clover, Lando, Oskar, and Cowen up top.





 I love Elena talking to Oskar who is looking out a cannon thingy.

 Elena is so darling in this picture.  Eli and Clover were also on the voyage.

 Harriet on deck.
 Clover searching for treasure in the mermaid lagoon.
 Awwwww.  Viking with baby sister.  Sweetest picture of the day.

 I can never get enough of Clover.  She was sooo cute in that little hat that I took about twenty million pictures of her.

 Miriam, Harriet, and Oskar in the mermaid lagoon.
 Our favorite mermaid--mostly because she adored Clover.

 Isabel and Clover with mermaid.

 Clover with her mermaid friend.

 More Clover because . . . well, look at that cuteness.

 Sebastian.

 Clover, Oskar, Jubal, and cute mushroom stool.

 Cousin love, Eli and Isabel.
 Frodo Baggins.
 Harriet.

 Definitely Harriet.
 Eli with the satyr.  We loved her headgear.

 She was in the fairy tent, but we're not sure what she was supposed to be.

 Emeline Bea.
 We loved this fairy costume.  Awesome.


 The fairy tent.

The creator of all the costumes: Kami Sue.

1 comment:

kami said...

Thanks so much for posting!!! I loved the pictures! Good times.