Monday, December 19, 2016

Renaissance Festival 2016 Part II

 Miriam laughing.
 I told her to look royal.  Ha.
 Best picture of Clover Leafy ever.

 Lando and Clover.  I love this picture so much!!!

 I'm not sure what is going on with Lando and Oskar but I approve.

 Harriet, Clover, and Isabel.  Love.

 Clover and Oskar.
 Kami.
 Harpist.
 Woodworking person.

 Oskar didn't wear his coat for long, but I sure loved it.

 Walking around looking at the exhibits.
 For someone obsessed with period authenticity she sure seemed okay with a stroller as an accessory.  Iffy.

 Cowen listened raptly to the whole hour long presentation on medieval weaponry.  Love that boy.

 Calligraphy bookmarks.
 Eli.
 Cowen was thrilled with this Roman stuff.  The Romans are his favorite historical group of people, followed closely by the Vikings.



 Sebastian and Jubal.


I don't know what foe loomed but Lando looks determined while Eli looks . . . a little nervous.

 Sebastian.
 Isabel.
 Eli.
 Jubal made a pretty cute Roman soldier.







 The potter.  He was Emeline's favorite part of the festival.  We watched him make a butter dish and lid for the butter dish.  It was pretty awesome.  In the background is a woodworker. He makes a whole bunch of things that he sells, like doll cradles and things like that.  He also makes coffins and I am definitely going to buy one like the ones he makes.  $200-$400 is waaaayyyy more reasonable than other coffins.  Actually, considering how cheap I am with some things, I am probably just going to wait until we hit about 50 and then coerce Timothy into making my coffin so we have it handy.

 Back to the potter.  You see that pottery wheel set-up he has?  The woodworker in the background made it for him.

 I've never seen anyone blow glass before, so that was really fun to watch.  We watched the entire process of him making a blue swan.

 Cowen and Elena.

 Lady Harriet.

 Really mediocre fire-swallowers.

The festival--and what a grand day it was, too.

No comments: