Friday, January 6, 2017

Boys

Just spent 20 minutes going through everything in the toy room and THREE HOURS going through the boys room. Three garbage bags and two DI bags later, I'm still amazed at how much junk boys squirrel away. I told Cowen he couldn't watch because he gets violently attached to his junk, so after he tried on all his clothes I sent him away. When he came back he looked around his room and said, "Mom, you're a genius."
Hmm.
Another funny thing that happened with Cowen recently: I was getting after the kids for not being thorough with their chores and I said, "Just do it like I would do it." To which Cowen responded, "You mean go the extra mile." I said, "No, just do it like I would." Then he did a dramatic eye roll, "That is the extra mile."

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It's true that it's way more effective to get rid of stuff without the kids around. Why do they always develop a sudden violent attachment to something as soon as you make noises about giving it to DI?