Saturday, February 4, 2017

September 17, 21, and 23

 Timothy putting together Mom's applesauce maker thingy for me.  When I told him that they sell motorized ones at Smith and Edwards he was displeased that he'd spent all that time turning the handle for me.  :)  That wall makes me happy every single day.
 Annabel, all tuckered out.  I've decided I love the nickname Nell for Annabel.  It is a perfectly logical shortened version of her name and it has been on my favorite names list since I read the book My Friend Flicka in the fourth grade.  However, I've found that it is hard to go from never using a nickname with any of your children to trying to make a nickname happen.  How does one go about it?
 I loved that Harriet was reading to Clover and that Clover was holding a baby while reading the book Babies--a perennial favorite.
More tuckered-out-ness.  The other day Clover said her name was Clover Leafy.  Since then I've been calling her Clover Mildred now and again just to remind myself and her and the rest of the family that her name isn't actually Clover Leafy or even Clover the Leaf.  I guess you might consider Leafy to be her nickname, except, much like Lady Harriet, we never use Leafy as a stand in, only an add on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Annabel and getting Nell out of it - is hard for me to do.. But 'Annie' or 'Belle". seems a little more natural!!
Hahahaaa. Love you!
Mom