Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring Cleaning and Blooding

We've been doing spring cleaning around here.  I am amazed at how great my kids (the oldest four) are doing at just getting in there and getting it done.  Monday we cleaned all of the upstairs except my room and the kitchen.  We washed walls, washed curtains, cleaned the diaper pail, moved cribs and couches to vacuum underneath.  Intense action.  Today we cleaned the kitchen, stairwell, and art and toy room.  I put away all the winter stuff, went through one box of baby clothes, moved the downstairs stove and deep freeze to clean up a year's worth of accumulated yuck underneath.  I haven't finished wiping out the oven, but I'm too tired to do it tonight.  I've gotten irate with the kids a few times, but really, they've been fantastic.  When we sat down to supper tonight I asked them if they liked being in the dining room more now that it shines with cleanliness.  Without hesitation Miriam muttered, "No."  Well--fine then.  I enjoy it more!

I thought Clover would never manage to say anything as adorable as her, "I not know," for "I don't know."  SO CUTE.  "Clover, where are your shoes?"  "I not know."  I die every time she says it.

But equal in cuteness was what she said two days ago when she found me and said, "Clover hurt.  I blooding."  Awww.  She had a minuscule scratch on one of her fingers, which she kissed and then had me kiss.  I blooding.  Darling.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ok, that is downright adorable.

Kami said...

Clover is the most adorable thing on the planet...next to Efraim. And want to come to my house next? I thought I was doing good just getting the kitchen cleaned like normal.