Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Christmas Day 2016

 My love.

 So excited about games he picked out for himself.


 Grandma and Grandpa Young got the boys (and me!!!) two-way radios.  We love them.

 These pics are in reverse order.  Emeline started out the morning in pajamas but soon felt that Scottish garb would be more appropriate.  It felt right.

 We had our own Christmas morning opening presents party and later in the morning the Young clan joined us--Beckie and Kenny, Amelia, and Eric.  Bryce was hanging out with his wife somewhere else.

 Aunt Amelia is a very exasperating reader.  So is Bryce.  So is Kenny.  I think it is genetic.  Timothy isn't quite so bad but he can still make a perfectly normal children's book (that I can read in five minutes) take 15 minutes.  It drives me crazy.  The children are generally more patient than me, but here Harriet is protesting.

 Some Young men.

 Beckie obligingly looking through Oskar's new train book.

 I'm not sure what Miriam, Eric, and Timothy are doing in the above picture, but it looks exciting.


 Clover wasn't sure about Timothy's mustache.



 Annabel loved Christmas--so many boxes with which to play and so much garbage on the floor to put in her mouth.

 Timothy's super awesome mustache.

 The kids got a box of silks (undyed) and they were so excited!!  It was so much fun to watch them.


 The kids opened the box, realized it contained a variety of silks, and within minutes were silk-clad from head to foot.




 Oskar loved (and still loves) his train book.


 Is that animal a bear??  Maybe it will remain a Christmas mystery forever.  I love Christmas.  I love being a mom on Christmas morning.  It's the best.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I like the Scottish dress and I'm happy it gets a lot of use. Looks like fun!