Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Christmas Eve, 2016

 We went to Kenny and Beckie's for Christmas Eve.  It worked out beautifully because the Rasmussen's had their Christmas Eve on the 23rd because Megan worked on the 24th, so we got to participate in all of our favorite traditions.  We opened our Christmas Eve pajamas at Beckie's.
 Clover and Annabel had matching pajamas.  Clover was a fox and Annabel was some other animal that now escapes me--a bear, I think?  They were both darling.  Clover still squishes into hers, but Annabel has long since outgrown hers.

 Harriet got piggy pajamas, Eli snowmen, and Oskar a sports-themed set.  I loved all the pajamas!  Yay for Christmas Eve!

 Emeline coordinated with Eli with the snowman theme.



The excitement level was high, people.  Very, very high.

 And then we went back home and put the stockings on the couch and went to bed!  Santa came in the night the kids were greeted with loaded stockings the next morning.  Yay for Christmas!

Sadly, Annabel's stocking didn't get finished in time for her first Christmas.  I worked on it and agonized about it and tried my hardest, but Timothy didn't like any of the bells I made (bells for Annabel feels appropriate), and I didn't want him to not like her stocking, so I didn't end up putting it together.  Now I need to figure out how to make bells that Tim likes or just give up altogether.  Sigh.

No comments: