Sunday, September 10, 2017

August 19 and 20




 Wide Open.

 Sleepy.

Hi, Emeline!

 
 Working on the Wiring.

 Emeline.
 This is a little toy kitchen that my grandpa Lloyd made.  We had one almost exactly like it all my life (that I can remember) and my parents still have it and my kids play with it every time they go to Grandma's house.  The one in the picture was made for my Aunt LaVerle.  She had it all the time her kids were growing up and then her daughter, Shari Lynn, had it, and Shari Lynn just gave it to me.  Wahoo!!!!  I've been painting it and I have to say, there is something special about working on an item that my Grandpa worked on for his grandchildren, all those years ago.  Right now we just did a rough job sanding and painting to make it as nice as possible quickly because we want the kids to be able to play with it.  In the future, though, we want to take our time and make it really nice so that it will last for our grandchildren to play with it.

 Pre-painting.


 Put your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care.

 Pre-painting.  We've been working on the mantel.  It is currently brilliant white, but I have one more coat to finish before I can post pictures.


1 comment:

kami said...

Your mantel is so much better white.