Friday, October 20, 2017

More pictures--I couldn't delete any as I loved them all!

 Yesterday I tried to spend the day at my mom's, but there were a few mishaps.  I finally made it there around three and I grabbed my kids who were already there and Karlee and we went out to the river to enjoy October.  Those pictures are later in the post because everything is in backwards order, like usual.  After our delightful walk we returned to my mom's house to ride horses and have a hotdog roast.  It was lovely.
 That guy on the phone--he's my youngest brother, Ethan.

 Harriet's laugh!!!  I wish I could bottle that up.

 Karlee's face!!  I love it!

 Harriet started singing, "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," and, of course, the rest of my children joined in with gusto.  Ethan said to me, "What is with them?  This is horse riding time, not caroling time."  Ha.  A week or so ago we had a little friend over at our house and before she went home she said to me, "Do you always sing to your kids that much?"  Yes.  Yes, I do.


 Clover.  I just love this picture. 
 There is a dog park at the entrance to the paved river walk trail.  This Akita puppy was SO DARLING!!!!  Harriet stood there and talked to the puppy's owner for ages.

 Eli and I were dancing to help keep Annabel motivated to keep moving.  Well . . . mostly we were dancing because it is OCTOBER and GORGEOUS and PERFECT and we were feeling it.



 We put leaves in the river to watch them float away.


 Miriam followed Emeline around with the camera and basically harassed her until she literally ran from the camera.




 The light was so glorious.

 We found a bunch of wishing rocks, which was fun.  I made several kitchen-related wishes. 

 Splash!


 Splash!

 Clover found some pretty stellar rocks.  Harriet found a heart shaped rock that she gave to me.  I have a collection of heart shaped rocks given to me by my children. 



 One of them was having fun at least.

 Karlee was a pro at finding wishing rocks.

 Baby One and Baby Two.  I still call them that, but neither one is looking much like a baby anymore.  *Sniff*


 Annabel never really got into the spirit of the thing.

 I love Oskar here for some reason. Good times.

 I spent a lot of the time looking at people's excellent rocks.

 Sisters.





 Cousin love.  Harriet and Karlee are four days apart.  Their just older than them siblings, Eli and Ashley, are also four days apart.  Cool.




 I was missing Cowen when we took these pictures.  He was "harvesting metal" for the forge he is building.  Apparently railroad nail thingys are good for making small knives.


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It really is gorgeous and perfect! And you, my dear, are adorable. Hope all your kitchen wishes come true! :)