Thursday, November 2, 2017

More kitchen

Kami requested more kitchen pictures, but I don't think these give you a good idea of what my kitchen looks now.  It does illustrate the most important fact that you shouldn't epoxy in rooms where you want to keep the flooring.

 Old flooring from the dining room.

 Epoxy dripping down and getting onto everything.  Such a sticky mess!!

 Countertops done and drying.  Why didn't we remove the old stove before we started?  I don't know.  It is a great mystery, but it did/does give Timothy a place to put stuff so it is probably a good thing it stayed.

Dining room without flooring.  Apparently the person who put on the previous laminate thought that cement would be a good way to level the floor.  When Timothy pulled it up (which took thirty seconds--which surprised me) the cement was all loose and dusty and made a big mess.  I cleaned it all up.  Now Timothy has to think of a better way to level the floor.

There you have it.  Tonight and last night Timothy was putting in the undermount sink and new faucet.  Soon, friends, soon I won't have to do dishes in the bathtub.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ew. I don’t like that dripping epoxy. But the kitchen is looking so good!!

kami said...

That's so sad that you've been doing dishes in the bathtub. Man, you are one tough cookie.