Monday, May 7, 2018

Newsie

I wish I blogged more.  I get too hung up on things being out of order.  In the spirit of to heck with chronological perfection, here is a run-down on my day.

First, I woke up and did a strength training workout.  I use HASfit.com for my workout needs.  Then I got Emeline started on making breakfast.  She made french toast, and the kids all seemed to love it.  Clover loved it so much that she had jam in her hair by the end of the meal, so I had to bath her.  When I bath Clover, inevitably I also bath Annabel, so both babies wound up in the tub.  Once the babies were bathed, I made myself asparagus and scrambled eggs for my breakfast and then I managed to shower.  I had the kids working on math and writing and Eli was mad at me that I didn't have time to help him with his math page.  I also totally forgot to take Cowen to farm school.

At 10:00 am, I taught a writing class to Miriam and some of her homeschool buddies: Hannah, Anna, and Caleb.  Cassidy was supposed to be there, but wasn't, so I'm not sure what that is about.  The class was fun.  We're spending six weeks on essay writing so I started with the famous lego essay and we talked about organization and how to brainstorm.  I read some of Roald Dahl's book Boy to help the kids get an idea of what a master descriptive writer sounds like.  It was fun.  We wrote a paragraph of a descriptive essay together.  It was about famous horse movies.  None of the kids had seen Man From Snowy River except Miriam.  A travesty, really. Tomorrow we'll start brainstorming their own essays.

The older kids were done at 11:30.  It was such a busy day that I immediately put on a science video for the kids (for our MTH reporting--we haven't done much school these days).  They watched something about eyes and then something about photography while I ran to Smiths to get ramen noodles (don't judge--crazy day) and hamburger to make chili. 

I fed the kids and then Miriam helped the kids do their MTH reporting while I made chili for supper and explained to Cowen how to bake potatoes. 

After that, I rushed off with Miriam to Draper.  There is a theater school there called Utah COPA (Conservatory of Performing Arts), that teaches all the things Miriam most wants to lear: acting, musical theater, dance, songwriting, film score writing, etc.  They are having free workshops this week to help kids get ready to audition for their classes.  Miriam desperately wants to take their classes, so I agreed to drive her out every night this week.  Not really, only Mon-Thurs, but that feels like a lot.  A lot, lot.

I didn't really mind the drive on the way home because Miriam was floating on a cloud of ecstasy.  She had met and worked with people who had stared in Broadway plays.  She loved every second of the two hours we were there.  Her first workshop was focused on singing and the second workshop on acting.  Such fun!

When I got home I got on the computer to work on deciding the last few things for the new Herriman house because I have to go sign everything tomorrow.  Yikes.  It feels so real.  :)

What a day.  I am tired and I miss my babies.  I think I played with them for a few minutes while they were in the bath and that was it.  I'm not sure I noticed Harriet, Oskar, or Eli at all.  I'm glad most of our days involve not leaving the house.


2 comments:

Kami said...

I hate busy crazy days like that. You are amazing though in all that you get done!

The Haws Family said...

I hate driving. I forgot how much of why I have horrible memories of Miami is because of driving--our van is in the shop so on the days Will has school and the kids have swim lessons (mon/wed) I've had to get the kids up and drive them with me to drop Sterling off at 445am. It's not that bad. But picking up and dropping off another person is so much extra driving. SO MUCH DRIVING. You da bomb.