Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Clover

Clover, my happy little person, has been sick.  This morning she was listless and then she slept for several hours. When she woke up, she was a little grumpy. 

At one point, she was clinging to my leg, crying in that lovely shrill way that children have.  I asked her, "How can I help you?"

She said, "You can help me with YOURSELF!"

Sometimes you just need your mom, I guess.  I stopped working on dinner and went and sat on the couch with her for a few minutes.  She perked up pretty immediately. 

Then Annabel walked by and demanded that she sit on my lap, and that devolved into a yelling match between the two girls that was, "My Mommy!" on repeat. 

Today Eli asked Clover if she was ever going to drive a car.  She said, "Yes, when I grow bigger and turn into a mommy."

The bathroom is completely gutted and repaired, and tomorrow I can start painting it.  I spend today taking care of sick children and making food (why does that take all day???) and painting bathroom cupboards.  The house is progressing. 

No comments: