Wednesday, June 6, 2018

What the kids have been saying

Cowen made my whole life yesterday. We were talking about our lives being an unfolding story or something (Miriam started the discussion) and Cowen said, "Let's turn our minds to end of the Prydain Chronicles when . . .." He expounded about Taran's life and the discussion continued.

My happy heart. "Let's turn our minds to" is awesome, and then referencing the best book series ever written! Cowen, thank you. I feel like I have succeeded as a mom because my children have learned their vital life lessons from Lloyd Alexander.

I heard other interesting conversations today.

Miriam to Eli, "You were selfish and mean!"

Eli to Miriam, "No I wasn't. I was greedy."

Miriam, "That's what selfish and mean is!"

Eli, "No, it isn't."

Miriam, full volume, "Somebody get the dictionary!"

Last night Clover was trying to delay bedtime. I put her to bed and was walking away when she yelled out, "I need to say another prayer! My first prayer broke!"

Nice try, Clover.

No comments: