Thursday, August 17, 2017

Funnies

I haven't read a long book out loud to my kids in ages because, you know, books on tape.  They save the vocal cords, my friends.  But recently I got fed up with the disappearance of my book Barrel of Laughs, Vale of Tears, so I bought a new copy (not even a used copy--but an actual, for-real, brand-new copy) and when it arrived it felt like Christmas.  I started reading it to the kids the other night and it was so much fun!   The book is hilarious.  I'll quote one of my favorite lines for you.  Ahem.  "The worms curled and uncurled in spasms of glee."  Hilarious.  The kids have been laughing so hard and they have such great senses of humor and I am just thoroughly enjoying every second of reading this book to them!

In other news, I was tickling Clover today and she gasped out a weak, "Save me!" in between her giggles.  I asked, "Who is going to save you?"  She responded without any hesitation, "Cowen."  Awww.  Those two have such a sweet bond.

Annabel has started saying, "Stop it!" indignantly, loudly, and with a definite squawk.  Only it sounds like, "Op it!" which is funny and makes me want to annoy her all the time.

We started a four month family economy project to try and teach the children many valuable fiscal lessons.  Right now they are in college earning skill points that will help them land a good job when they graduate (on Labor Day) and earn enough money to meet their needs.  We told them that after they graduate they have to pay for (with their fake money) everything that we currently pay for and give to them including a mortgage payment, utilities, food, etc. I overheard Eli and Emeline talking later and Eli said to Emeline, "I'm just worried that I won't have enough money for food."  I was dying.  Yes, little man, if you don't earn enough skill points to get a good job we, your loving parents, will starve you.  FYI, Eli currently has the most skill points of anyone.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Haven't read this or even heard of it. What's wrong with me?! Must track down a copy.