Friday, October 20, 2017

Fun With Epoxy--October 9 and 11, 201

 Annabel and Harriet.

 Ridiculously cute.

 Part of the epoxy fun is that Eli had a severe allergic reaction to it.  This picture sort of gives you an idea.  It was much worse.  At one point the boy could barely walk (the allergy attacked sensitive parts of his anatomy) and his eye was swollen shut.  I knew I had to get him out of the house completely so for two nights he slept at our friends, the Marshes.  Cowen went with him because Eli was a bit nervous.  During the day he stayed outside.  After those two nights, Grandpa Jack picked him up an Eli's been at his grandparents house since them.  I miss him terribly.  It amazes me that I can have seven kids here but I can still miss the one who is missing.  It has been educational for me.  Eli is lonely and wants to come home, despite all the fun he's had there.  Sadly, there is still another week that he'll have to be gone.  :(

 Another fun part of the epoxy is when Clover stuck her hand in it (I went downstairs to put in a batch of laundry and didn't take her with me) and then touched her head.  It hurt her way too much when I tried to get it out, so off with the hair!  I wasn't pleased, but Clover has been thoroughly delighted.  She especially loved it when Aunt Kayli told her (via spokt) that she looked adorable.  She went around saying "Clover is adorable," for the rest of the day.
 A few days ago at breakfast Clover said to Cowen, "Are you my friend?  Yes, you are my friend.  Friend Cowen."  A few days after that, Cowen was trying to get Annabel to say his name.  He was saying, "What's my name?"  Clover heard him and said, "You are friend Cowen.  You are my friend."  Seriously, those two are the cutest thing ever. 

As a sidenote, Clover and Annabel can both say Cowen's name.  Oskar still calls him "Nowen."  I sort of hope he always does.


 Cowen was reading the family blog books to Clover and the other two were listening in.


 We tried various "samples" of epoxy.  We had various levels of success.  It is harder than the youtube videos make it seem to get a really pretty result.  However, we are thrilled with how our backsplashes look, so all the attempts helped us solidify that we wanted to go with our original plan.



 The MDF backsplashes pre-epoxy.  Timothy amazes me. 

 Notice the blue countertop.  It isn't blue now!  Oh, and that sink is gone and so is that stove.  This picture doesn't include the bar that Timothy is epoxying while I type.  Things are happening. 


No comments: